Wednesday 2 February 2011

Artist Statement

My work has recently changed direction, from landscape type photographs, picture post card images; to a more contemporary field. I have decided to begin a journey within portraiture and to somewhere new for me to gain experience in what seems to be a logical move in styles in terms of getting work at the end of it.

My portraits use classical medium mostly but with a contemporary twist, i enjoy bringing portraits to the world through the use of film, but mixed in with modern scanning technology. This creates a workable image in a file that can easily be edited but also transferred and shared with the world through the internet.

I feel this methodology of work is something that appeals to people because of the overall quality of the imagery being produced, see for yourself at www.jamesdowdingphotography.co.uk under Film Portraits.

No comments:

Post a Comment